The pencil condenser is a critical studio tool — and the C5 is just the microphone for the important job. Miktek packed as much value as possible into this small-diaphragm condenser. It’s fitted with Miktek’s MK5a 1/2-inch capsule, which offers a full-bodied, super-linear response — just what you want from a critical recording mic. The other components in the Miktek C5 have been designed to offer up a sweet response that’s reminiscent of iconic mics from studio lore. You’ll love the Miktek C5 as a drum overhead microphone (it’s also available as a stereo pair). This is also a stellar pick for recording a number of nuanced acoustic instruments, including violin, acoustic guitar, acoustic guitar and piano. Plus, thanks to its high SPL handling, the C5 performs well on brass and woodwind instruments as well.
- Small-diaphragm pencil condenser microphone with a cardioid pickup pattern
- Great drum overhead microphone, also excellent on acoustic instruments
- MK5a 0.5-inch Cardioid Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragm
- Features an AMI T5 Transformer
- Hand-selected Transistors
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- Comes in a wood presentation case with a mic clip